- Clickable textview that navigates the user outside the app (Ex: to a browser)
- Clickable text describes the destination or purpose of the link.
Ensure links appear in the Local Context Menu and Rotor
- Use TextView with link trait. Announces as “link”
- TextView - Announces as “link”
- URLSpan / ClickableSpan
- Linkify Class
- Link text can be grouped with paragraph text to make a larger touch target, provided there is only one interactive link in group.
- Active: isEnabled property
- Disabled: UIAccessibilityTraitNotEnabled. Announcement: dimmed
- Active: android:enabled=true
- Disabled” android:enabled=false. Announcement: disabled
Only manage focus when needed. Primarily, let the device manage default focus.
- iOS Options
- isAccessibilityElement - Yes, if the element can respond to user input
- To move screen reader focus to newly revealed content: UIAccessibilityLayoutChangedNotification
- To NOT move focus, but announce new content: UIAccessibilityAnnouncementNotification
- Android Options
- Implement an onClick( ) event handler for keyboard, not onTouch( )
- accessibilityTraversalBefore (or after)
- To move screen reader focus to newly revealed content: Type_View_Focused
- To NOT move focus, but announce new content: accessibilityLiveRegion
- To hide controls: Important_For _Accessibility_NO