Consider making simple charts from semantic markup
- Monthly usage
- March 70%
- April 60%
- May 90%
Provide alternative ways to consume visual content
If there is one primary message for an image chart, describe it in the alt attribute.
Provide alternative ways to consume data
If you have a figure that can’t be described by alt text, place the content in a different format.
2020 sales by item
|Toilet paper||Bread makers||Moving boxes||Exercise mats|
Provide alternative interactions with dynamic figures
When building maps, add a search or filtering feature for those who can’t use a mouse.
alt="Figure content"for images
- Supply a heading for interactive figures or
aria-label="Figure name"can be used as well.
- Wrap charts and tables in a
<figure>element where applicable.
<figcaption>to describe the figure
<cite>to label sources.
- Provide alternative ways to consume content
- A map of phone coverage areas includes a search function
- A chart embedded as an image includes a table of the data