A heading can serve as a name
- A heading (
<h3>) above the media can serve as a name.
aria-label="Media title" on a wrapper element can also be used.
- Controls should identify as buttons, switches, etc.
- There are accessible video embed options available
- Captions are mandatory for spoken audio content
- This may require the creation of a VTT file
- There are many options online that will create these for you
- Transcripts should be HTML based (not a PDF)
- Video should almost never autoplay
- Media with audio should absolutely never autoplay
- Controls should identify their state (pressed, checked, selected, etc)